Planning and Municipal Law
No matter how large or complex your situation, benefit from our expertise to achieve results.
Our mission is to provide the highest level of service as efficiently as possible, based on our breadth of expertise, innovative solutions and results-oriented approach.
For over three decades, we have represented municipalities, developers, school boards, public agencies and ratepayers at the conference table, in mediations and arbitrations, before the Ontario Municipal Board, the Environmental Review Tribunal, and in the Courts.
We will work with you to provide advice that is strategic and sensible.
Our areas of practice include:
- By-laws and Municipal Agreements
- Judicial review applications
- Development charges
- Municipal Jurisdiction
- Representing clients on assessment appeals
- Providing expropriation advice to both landowners and expropriating authorities, representing clients before the Board of Negotiations, the Ontario Municipal Board and the Ontario Courts
- Providing advice to City Councils with respect to conflict of interests
- Advising on real estate development matters
- Advising on permitted uses of lands
- Advising on land restrictions such as special policy areas, holding provisions, and environmental limitations
- Obtaining development approvals
- Representing clients before Courts and tribunals such as the Ontario Municipal Board, the Environmental Review Tribunal, the Niagara Escarpment Commission, and the Lands and Mining Commission
- Environmental Law
- Decommissioning of property
- Landfill site selection
- Spill clean up
- Environmental contamination on behalf of municipalities and landowners
Call Roger Beaman, Stephen D’Agostino, Jeff Wilker, Al Burton, or David Germain at 416-868-3100.