Thomson Rogers is one of the largest civil litigation firms in Toronto. We specialize in personal injury law, as well as in family law litigation, class action work, commercial litigation and land use litigation. Our lawyers regularly argue cases before the Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada. We advocate before administrative boards and tribunals across the Province.
Seeking compensation for injuries is a complicated process. You should not make any decision without being fully aware of all of your rights.
We know how to conduct personal injury cases. We can help you understand your rights, and we can assist you with the following:
- Early investigation of the circumstances surrounding the accident. This is very important, as witnesses move, memories fade over time, and records are not always kept.
- Your insurance company may not advise you of all the benefits to which you are entitled. We will.
- Your health care providers may suggest that you need services or goods, which your insurance company may not agree to pay. We will work with you and your treatment team to ensure that you obtain access to all reasonable and necessary treatment and rehabilitation services.
- We will assist you in obtaining a fair and complete settlement of your claims, no matter what it takes to get that done.
- We have the resources, skill, and determination to pursue your case through to trial if a fair settlement cannot be negotiated.
Thomson Rogers started professional practice in 1936 in Toronto, in what was then a two-person litigation law firm. Today, we continue the tradition started by our founder Edson Haines, 80 years ago.
Why Choose Thomson Rogers?
Thomson Rogers is a Toronto Bay Street law firm. When appropriate, our personal injury lawyers are prepared to go to the hospital or to your home to meet you and your family anywhere in Ontario. There is no obligation or fee charged for the initial meeting. We will be frank and open about what we can achieve for you and what we will charge you. We will provide you with a complete written explanation of legal fees.
We are accessible and experienced, and employ a highly trained staff to assist with your case. You should ask us about our qualifications and depth of experience in handling cases like yours. We have more personal injury lawyers than any other personal injury firm in Ontario who have been named by their peers (other qualified lawyers) as experts in the field and are designated in Lexpert and in the Best Lawyers in Canada publication.
Six former Thomson Rogers partners have gone on to become Judges in Ontario. We have lawyers who have been Benchers, presidents of the Advocates’ Society and the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association. Our lawyers lecture and train other lawyers.