Helpdesk – Application Support Technician
Thomson, Rogers, Barristers and Solicitors is presently recruiting for a Help Desk and Application Support Technician. Please see details below.
The Help Desk and Application Support technician’s role is to deliver support to end-users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and hardware issues for all staff members.
- Field incoming calls from end-users and resolve application and hardware issues.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, under the direction of the Network Administrator.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to team leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software, and so on, as directed by team leaders.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Overtime may be required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Work Experience Requirements
• One to two years’ experience providing Help Desk support or client support in a professional or similar environment.
• Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office to aid end-users in resolving issues
• Lotus Notes/Domino experience a definite asset.
• iPhone, Android, Blackberry & tablets support experience a definite asset.
• Technical hardware skills a definite asset.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical skills combined with adaptability would be an asset.
• A dedicated hard worker who is interested in providing the best client support possible.
• Previous exposure to working in the legal environment would be an asset.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must be a team player and work well with others.
- College Diploma or related work experience.
We offer competitive salary and benefits.
If you are looking for a new employment challenge, please reply in confidence to:
c/o Thomson Rogers
Suite 3100, 390 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5H 1W2
or by EMAIL
*Only select candidates will be contacted.