Junior Network Administrator
Thomson, Rogers, Barristers and Solicitors is presently recruiting a Junior Network Administrator. Please see the details below.
Primary responsibilities will be to assist with network and server administration, troubleshoot technology issues, address help desk tickets as an escalation point, and work on various projects which will require an understanding of Microsoft Windows Server, VMWare and basic TCP/IP architecture.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance and monitor of servers (physical and virtual), storage, operating systems, application and related infrastructure and services
- Microsoft Windows Server administration which includes direct management of Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS, etc.
- Regularly apply hardware, software, application and management tool upgrades/patches to assure performance, stability and security
- Manage printing, file sharing and network components like DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Assist Helpdesk with administering new hire technology needs (i.e. desktop imaging, account creation, etc.)
- Ensure that hardware, software, applications and services are provisioned and maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly backups
- Respond to business-critical emergencies both during and after business hours
- Handle higher level tickets and escalation from co-workers
- Provide all levels of troubleshooting support (identify, research and resolve technical problems)
- Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
Work Experience Requirements
- 2-3 years of IT network-related experience
- Relevant industry-standard certifications (such as A+, CCNA, MCP) a plus
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Server technologies including Active Directory, Group Policy, User Profile Management, DFS, Microsoft Exchange, SQL & WSUS
- Current experience with VMWare and virtualization concepts
- Understanding of network security systems and monitoring which includes enterprise level Antivirus/Malware, intrusion detection/prevention systems and access control
- Understanding of networking concepts including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANS, WLAN, VPN
- Strong understanding of backup and disaster recovery methodologies including exposure to enterprise backup systems such as Backup Exec and Veeam
- Experience with the management and/or configuration of switches, routers and firewalls
- Strong experience with Windows 7, 10 and Mac OSX
- Lotus Notes/Domino experience a definite asset
- Strong experience with MS Office 2010-2016
- Knowledge in Apple and Android mobile devices and overall mobile device management. Experience with BES a plus
- Must be available after business hours to address occasional critical issues and/or deployments
- Excellent troubleshooting, organization, communication (both verbal and written) and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, flexible, able to multitask, adapts and stays calm in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Desire to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
We offer competitive salary and benefits.
If you are looking for a new employment challenge, please reply in confidence to:
c/o Thomson Rogers
Suite 3100, 390 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5H 1W2
or by EMAIL
*Only select candidates will be contacted.