The Thomson, Rogers Referral Program is designed to provide Ontarians with access to excellent legal representation for personal injury claims.
To learn more about our program, contact any personal injury lawyer at our firm.
To refer a file, review the Law Society-compliant Referral Fee Agreement.
Why REFER TO Thomson, Rogers?
Leadership in Litigation Since 1936.
Since opening our doors in Toronto in 1936, Thomson, Rogers has earned a reputation for taking on the most complex and challenging litigation matters…and delivering results. We respect the relationships that referring lawyers have with their clients and we do not accept any retainers from their clients for other work, except at the request of referring lawyers.
Thomson, Rogers has the expertise to achieve the best result for your clients:
- 13 lawyers listed in Best Lawyers® Canada
- 12 Lexpert Ranked lawyers
- 8 listed as Preeminent Lawyers in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register
- 7 lawyers who are Certified Specialist (Civil Litigation) by the Law Society of Upper Canada
Thomson, Rogers will provide:
- Free initial consultation. We often meet new clients at their home, your office or in the hospital if they have not yet been able to return home
- Qualified members of our team to ensure the best possible result
- Funding for expert opinions and disbursements
- Help in accessing and coordinating an effective rehab team and retaining the best experts
- An interpreter whenever required
- Regular updates as agreed with the client
Our goal is simple, to pursue our clients’ best interests honourably and vigorously.
YOUR ADVANTAGE, in and out of the courtroom.
Fees AND THE NEW LAW SOCIETY RULES
Lawyers who refer files to Thomson, Rogers can earn a referral fee. In April of 2017, the Law Society implemented new rules regarding the payment of referral fees between licencees. Further, the Law Society now requires that a specific form be completed by the referring lawyer, the receiving lawyer, and the client in order for a referral fee to be paid in compliance with Law Society’s Rules of Professional Conduct. Thomson, Rogers ensures that its Referral Fee Agreements are Law Society-compliant.
Purchase of a Personal Injury Practice from Retiring Lawyers
Thomson, Rogers will often assess and sometimes take over a lawyer’s entire personal injury practice. This is an opportunity for lawyers working toward retirement or who have already retired and are looking for an income stream to replace their pre-retirement income.