Aleks is a partner in the Personal Injury Group at Thomson Rogers with a particular focus on health law, medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. He has represented personal injury plaintiffs at the trial and appellate court levels.
Aleks was named one of the leading medical malpractice lawyers in Canada by Lawday, a North American resource for the legal profession. He also has the honour of having been selected by his peers to be published in the Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory as a leading practitioner in the field of personal injury litigation and medical negligence and The Best LawyersTMin Canada in the areas of Health Law, Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury.
Aleks has authored numerous articles on litigation and the importance of the litigation process in ensuring safety in medical care. He is a member of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, The Advocates’ Society and the Medical-Legal Society.
Prior to joining Thomson Rogers, Aleks worked in the United States and Canada on behalf of physicians in medical negligence matters. As such, Aleks has a keen understanding of both sides in personal injury matters and medical cases in particular.
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry (Honours), McMaster University (1995)
- Juris Doctor (Magna Cum Laude), University of Akron Faculty of Law (1998)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Ontario (2000)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- LEXPERT® Ranked Lawyer
- Listed in The Best LawyersTM in Canada since 2018
- The Advocates’ Society
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Association for Justice
- Member of FAIR (Fair Association of Victims for Accident Insurance Reform)