Leonard has been a partner at Thomson Rogers since 1989.
Leonard’s litigation practice is dedicated to helping victims and families who are coping with the effects of a serious injury.
Leonard has extensive trial experience, successfully representing seriously injured individuals and their families, in all types of injury cases.
Leonard’s litigation department includes an experienced and caring group of law clerks and legal assistants who work with him as a team to achieve the best possible results for his clients.
Leonard’s father suffered a devastating traumatic brain injury many years ago. Living with a family member who was recovering from a traumatic brain injury has given him a unique understanding of the challenges faced by an individual with a head injury. This experience has also created in him, compassion and empathy for injured persons and their families.
Leonard has the honour of having been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best LawyersTM in Canada since 2010 in the field of personal injury litigation. He has also had the honour of having been selected by his peers to be published in The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory as a leading practitioner in the field of Personal Injury Litigation.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Toronto (1980)
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School (1983)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Certified Specialist (Civil Litigation)
- LEXPERT® Ranked Lawyer
- Listed in The Best LawyersTM in Canada since 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell® Ranked Lawyer
- The Advocates’ Society
- The Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA)
- The Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- The Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association (MTLA)
- American Association for Justice
- Past Director of the Community Head Injury Rehabilitation Services of Toronto and Region (CHIRS)
- Member of the Advisory Committee for the Osgoode Certificate in Clinical Risk Program