After 42 with Thomson Rogers, Roger Beaman retired from the firm in 2016. If you are seeking a consultation with another qualified municipal lawyer, please click here.
Roger Beaman was named, in the Property Development category, as one of the Top 500 Lawyers in Canada by LEXPERT® / American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada. He was also recognized as a leading practitioner in Municipal Law by The Best Lawyers in Canada® since 2006. Roger was head of our Municipal and Environmental Law Group. His practice involved all areas of Municipal, Planning, Expropriation and Environmental Law, with particular emphasis on cases before the Ontario Municipal Board. Drawing on his extensive experience as lead Counsel to Municipalities, Boards of Education, developers and ratepayers, he takes a “hands-on”, practical approach to problem-solving to serve the needs of both his public and private sector clientele.
- Bachelor of Arts, McMaster University
- Juris Doctor, Queen’s University
- Master of Laws, Administrative and Planning Law, University of London, England
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
Since 1978, Roger has been the Senior Editor of the Ontario Municipal Board Reports. He has served as an instructor in Administrative and Constitutional Law for the Bar Admission Course, and has been a frequent speaker for such groups as:
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The Association of Municipalities of Ontario
- The Municipal Electric Association
- The Ontario Expropriation Association
- The Urban Development Institute
- LEXPERT® Ranked Lawyer
- Listed in Best Lawyers Canada