Sloan Mandel was called to the Ontario Bar in 1996 and is Certified by the Law Society of Ontario (LSO) as a Specialist in Civil Litigation. He is a senior partner at the law firm Thomson Rogers. His practice focuses exclusively on personal injury and medical malpractice litigation on behalf of plaintiffs.
Sloan is one of the very few plaintiff-side personal injury lawyers in the province to have been concurrently listed in The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, The Best Lawyers™ in Canada publication and awarded an AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell®; secured specialist certification from the LSO; and a member of a firm identified as a Top 10 Personal Injury Boutique by Canadian Lawyer Magazine.
Sloan has been published extensively in both medical and legal texts and journals. He is a past member of the Ontario Bar Association Health Law Executive and regularly lectures doctors, lawyers and health care professionals at a variety of educational seminars.
Sloan has a wealth of court and litigation experience, achieving some of Ontario’s largest personal injury and medical malpractice awards.
“If a trial is necessary, then so be it. I prepare for war to make the best peace”.
Client VIDEO testimonial
- Attended Cornell University
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School (1994)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Certified Specialist (Civil Litigation)
- LEXPERT® Ranked Lawyer
- Listed in The Best Lawyers™ in Canada since 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell® Ranked Lawyer, AV Preeminent®
- Member of numerous legal societies and associations
- Member of FAIR (Fair Association of Victims for Accident Insurance Reform)