Sloan Mandel was called to the Bar in 1996 and is certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Civil Litigation. He is a senior partner at the law firm Thomson Rogers which has been awarded “Law Firm of the Year” in 2021 for Personal Injury Litigation by Best Lawyers®. His practice focuses exclusively on personal injury and medical malpractice litigation on behalf of plaintiffs.
Sloan is one of very few plaintiff-side personal injury lawyers in the province to have been concurrently listed in The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, The Best Lawyers™ in Canada publication, and awarded an AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell®; and a member of a firm identified as a Top Ten Litigation Boutique by Canadian Lawyer Magazine.
Sloan has been published extensively in both medical and legal texts and journals. He is a past member of the Ontario Bar Association Health Law Executive and regularly lectures doctors, lawyers, and health care professionals at a variety of educational seminars. Sloan has a wealth of court and litigation experience, achieving some of Ontario’s largest personal injury and medical malpractice settlements and judgements.
“If a trial is necessary, then so be it. I prepare for war to make the best peace.” – Sloan Mandel
Client VIDEO testimonial
- Attended Cornell University
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School (1994)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Certified Specialist (Civil Litigation)
- LEXPERT® Ranked Lawyer
- Listed in The Best Lawyers™ in Canada since 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell® Ranked Lawyer, AV Preeminent®
- Member of numerous legal societies and associations
- Member of FAIR (Fair Association of Victims for Accident Insurance Reform)