At this year’s conference, personal injury lawyers Darcy Merkur and Ryan Murray provided an overview of the upcoming changes to Ontario auto legislation with specific emphasis on Accident Benefits and Tort.
A few of the changes addressed were:
- Major reductions to statutory accident benefits (for accidents on or after June 1, 2016);
- A narrowing of the definition of “catastrophic impairment” (for accidents on or after June 1, 2016); and,
- An increase to the tort deductible (as of August 1, 2015).
- Tab A: Ontario Regulation 251/15
- Tab B: New Amended Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule 34/10
- Tab C: Comparison Chart – Current CAT definition with the new CAT definition
Powerpoint Presentation: The Coming Changes to Ontario Auto Legislation: ABs & Tort