Thomson Rogers, in collaboration with Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital and March of Dimes Canada, is proud to host the Children & Youth with Brain Injuries Practical Strategies Workshop from June 7-8, 2018, at the Lexington Hotel & Conference Centre in Sudbury, Ontario.
Day 1: Practical skills workshop
The focus of this workshop is:
- To recognize the effects of acquired brain Injury in children, adolescents and their families
- Identify clinical approached and strategies for engaging kids and supporting families after pediatric ABI
- Review updates with respect to accident benefits and catastrophic impairment in children with ABI
Day 2: Brain Injury Family Intervention – Adolescents (BIFI-A) Intensive Workshop
The focus of this workshop is
- To show how to implement the BIFI-A program through small group interactive sessions, role play, vignettes and video-tapes
- To provide a structured approach and acquire practical tools for working effectively with families after pediatric ABI
- Describe implementation of the BIFI-A protocol for families of adolescents with ABI
Who Should Attend
The workshop will be of interest to health care professionals and ABI Caregivers/Family Members who are interested in learning more about brain injury in children and adolescents and how best to help them.
1-day Workshop (June 7) – $125
2-day Workshop (June 7 & 8) – $375 (Limited to 30 participants)
*All proceeds will go to support the Brain Injury Association Sudbury & District.
Workshop Brochure and Day 1 agenda
For general registration, please click on the following link: Registration for the Children & Youth with Brain Injuries Practical Strategies Workshop 2018
To register as an ABI Caregiver/Family Member, please call Chrystal McCollom at 705-671-3188 ext. 237 or email email@example.com.
Interested in Exhibiting?
For non-profit organization – $100
For-profit organization and companies – $500
For more information about the workshop, please visit: Children & Youth with Brain Injuries Practical Strategies Workshop