Capes for Kids is Holland Bloorview’s signature fundraising program. It is a fun, family friendly event where we encourage everyone to wear their cape and raise money to support kids with disabilities. Since 2017, Capes for Kids has raised over $1.7 million for research, education, and care at Holland Bloorview.
Register online, set a fundraising goal and decide what your action will be! Wear your cape March 2-8, 2020 and share your awesome superhero photos using the hashtag #CapesforKids.
Here is how you can join Capes for Kids:
- CREATE A TEAM
– Register online at http://capesforkids.ca/ and create your own Capes for Kids team in less than 5 minutes!
– Recruit, families, and colleagues to join you.
- SET YOUR GOAL & ACTION
– We think $200 is a great goal to start with, but you may want to set a more ambitious target. Most of our fundraisers are surprised by how quickly they achieve their goal and need to make a new one!
– Next, determine your action! Past participants have committed to wearing their cape to work, out to dinner or to the movies once they reached their fundraising goal.
– Take advantage of our fundraising tips and reach out to your networks!
– Solicit donations that will create a world of possibilities for kids living with disability and medical complexity at Holland Bloorview.
- WEAR YOUR CAPE MARCH 2-8
– Raise more funds and awareness for Holland Bloorview by wearing your cape everywhere you go the first week of March.
– New this year, teams earn one cape for every $100 they collectively raise. For example, if a team raises $500 they can redeem five capes, regardless of how much each individual on the team fundraises.