Important information for motorcyclists and their passengers

Posted June 9, 2016
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Share on Google+ Share By Email

If you are involved in a motorcycle accident and have been injured, you (and your passenger) can seek compensation from both the negligent driver as well as your own insurance company. The amount received will be based on the severity of the injuries, usually classified as catastrophic or non-catastrophic.

All accidents must be reported within 7 days of the incident. Once a report has been filed, your insurer will ask you to complete an Application for Benefits Form (also known as the OCF-1 Form) which upon receiving have 30 days to submit.

motorcycle accident image

If you or a loved one has suffered injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident in Ontario, please contact one of Thomson Rogers’ motorcycle accident lawyers. It is important that you receive proper assistance as soon as possible so there are no delays in your claim for accident benefits.

Related Resources for Motorcycle Accident: