There is a tension in law between individual autonomy and the protection of those who are believed unable to do so for themselves. The latter is seen in the concept of “legal disability.”
In this presentation Robert Ben and Stephen Birman will discuss:
- What is legal disability?
- What is the effect of legal disability?
- How to determine mental capacity (in a legal sense)?
- What are an incapable person’s rights?
- Requirements to accommodate people with diminished legal capacity.
For Thomson Rogers updates please subscribe to our email list here.