On February 4-8, 2019, OsgoodePD will be offering a certificate program in Clinical Risk, Negligence and Claims Management in Health Care.
The faculty includes Kate Cahill, a partner and medical malpractice lawyer with Thomson Rogers.
On February 7, Kate will be one of the instructors on the topic of “Managing Risks in Maternity Care”.
The topic will cover the disruptive professional – complications for risk management:
- Setting the stage: current litigation trends in obstetric claims
- What types of claims are being filed?
- The impact of new technology
- Prenatal surveillance: estimated placental volume (EPV)
- Brain Injury and perinatal asphyxia
- Fetal monitoring and surveillance
- Perinatal infections
- shoulder dystocia/Erbs palsy
- Obesity in pregnancy
- Births outside hospitals
- SOGC guidelines
- Association of Ontario Midwives guidelines
- collaboration between midwives and other professionals
On February 8, Kate will be one of the instructors on “Understanding and Dealing with the Litigation Process”
For more information, view the 2019 Clinical Risk Certificate Brochure