The Advocates’ Society recently announced The Patrick D. Schmidt Future of Family Law Award honouring the late Patrick D. Schmidt; a partner at Thomson Rogers for 35 years leading our Family Law Group.
The award promotes excellence in the profession by supporting junior lawyers in their early years of practice who are choosing to dedicate their practice to family law.
Patrick Schmidt was a well-respected litigator, admired for his commitment to his practice, to his clients, and to bettering other lawyers through teaching and mentoring. Throughout his career, Patrick Schmidt demonstrated a high level of respect for the privilege of being a member of the legal profession, The Advocates’ Society, and what it means to be a lawyer.
Call for nominations will be announced in June 2022.
The recipient will receive the following:
- One (1) year of complimentary membership in The Advocates’ Society
- One (1) complimentary full day advocacy CLE program delivered by The Advocates’ Society within one year of the award presentation
- $2,000 cash prize provided by Thomson Rogers LLP
- One (1) complimentary registration to Fall Forum (value up to $500)
- Travel & Accommodation stipend of up to $1,000 to attend Fall Forum (hotel and travel expenses up to $1,000 will be reimbursed by Thomson Rogers upon provision of receipts).
For more information please click here.