Class Actions can avoid the necessity for hundreds or thousands of people filing similar individual lawsuits to claim relief. This often means that a single person can commence a class action on behalf of hundreds or even thousands of people. Class actions promote access to justice and ensure that people with similar claims are treated similarly.
The Thomson, Rogers’ class action team specializes in the areas of personal injury, product liability and institutional abuse.
Our team was actively involved in the Indian Residential Schools Settlement, Darcy issued the National Class Action for the former residents of the schools. Together with others, we negotiated a successful resolution for those clients.
We are experienced, determined litigators who have taken on complex class action claims for our clients, and obtained decisions and settlements for thousands of plaintiffs.
As part of a class action lawsuit Thomson, Rogers will:
- Investigate the class action claim
- Issue a class action lawsuit
- Advance a Motion for Certification
- Provide Notice to Class Members
- Conduct a Trial of the Common Issues
- Handle any Appeals that may result
- Distribute any settlement or final judgment as directed by the court