10 Important Steps to Take When Injured
If you or someone you know has suffered a serious personal injury, some very important steps need to be taken within the first few days.
- Make sure the police have all of the information they need about the accident.
- Record the names and addresses of involved parties and witnesses to the accident.
- Keep your family doctor informed of your injury.
- Notify your accident benefits insurer within 7 days of the car accident.
- Notify your employer or school.
- Record the names and contact information of your health care professionals.
- Record insurance information.
- Keep receipts for all related expenses. Family members should also record dates and time spent caring for the injured person.
- Check for other insurance coverage (i.e. through your work, school or private plans).
- Contact one of Thomson Rogers personal injury lawyers and know your rights.
Related Resources if you have been injured in a Car Accident: