Assistance Options for Personal Injury

Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)

Canada: 1-800-387-5540
Ontario: 1-800-387-0750
Toronto: 416-344-1000

    • If you were injured at work or during the course of your employment.
    • Claims must be made within 6 months of the injury.
    • In work-related accidents involving an automobile, you may have the right to elect to receive accident benefits and pursue a tort claim, rather than accept WSIB benefits.


Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (CICB)

Toll-free: 1-800-372-7463
Toronto: 416-326-2900

    • If you were a victim of crime.
    • A claim should be filed with the Board within 2 years from the date of the incident.


Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC)

Toll-free: 1-800-387-9080
Toronto: 416-326-9511

    • If you have been discriminated against or inappropriately terminated from your employment.


Canada Pension Plan (CPP)

Toll-free: 1-800-277-9914

    • If you have questions regarding retirement pension, disability benefits, death benefit, children’s benefits, and survivor’s pension.


Ontario Brain Injury Association (OBIA)
Toll-free: 1-800-263-5404

    • OBIA will be able to put you in touch with appropriate, local brain injury associations located across Canada and the United States.
    • These are not-for-profit organizations that can help you and your family deal with the effects of brain injury.
    • They can provide resources for programs and services available in your community.


Spinal Cord Injury Ontario (SCIO)

Toll-free: 1-877-422-1112
Toronto: 416-422-5644

  • A not-for-profit organization to assist people with spinal cord injuries.