Planning & Municipal
Our mission is to provide the highest level of service as efficiently as possible, based on our breadth of expertise, innovative solutions and results-oriented approach.
For over six decades, we have represented municipalities, developers, school boards, public agencies and ratepayers in hearings before the Ontario Land Tribunal (and its predecessors), in trials and appeals before the Courts, in mediations and arbitrations, in appearances before municipal councils and at the conference table.
We will work with you to provide advice that is sound, strategic and sensible.
Our areas of practice include:
- Representing clients before Courts and tribunals such as the Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT)
- Advising on land use planning matters, including municipal comprehensive reviews
- Advising on land restrictions such as special policy areas, holding provisions, and environmental limitations
- Advising on permitted uses of lands
- Advising on real estate development matters
- Obtaining development approvals
- By-laws and Municipal Agreements
- Municipal Jurisdiction
- Judicial review applications
- Development charges
- Providing advice to Municipal Councils with respect to conflict of interest and municipal election issues
- Expropriations Law
- Providing expropriation advice to both landowners and expropriating authorities, representing clients in hearings before the Ontario Land Tribunal and appeals in the Ontario Courts
- Environmental Law
- Environmental contamination on behalf of municipalities and landowners
- Spill clean up
- Decommissioning of property
- Landfill site selection
Contact us at 416-868-3100 or 1-888-223-0448. Alternatively, you can fill out our online consultation request form.