Planning & Municipal
Our mission is to provide the highest level of service as efficiently as possible, based on our breadth of expertise, innovative solutions and results-oriented approach.
For over three decades, we have represented municipalities, developers, school boards, public agencies and ratepayers at the conference table, in mediations and arbitrations, before the former Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT), the former Environmental Review Tribunal, and in the Courts.
We will work with you to provide advice that is strategic and sensible.
Our areas of practice include:
- By-laws and Municipal Agreements
- Judicial review applications
- Development charges
- Municipal Jurisdiction
- Representing clients on assessment appeals
- Providing expropriation advice to both landowners and expropriating authorities, representing clients in meditations before before the Ontario Land Tribunal and the Ontario Courts
- Providing advice to City Councils with respect to conflict of interests
- Advising on real estate development matters
- Advising on permitted uses of lands
- Advising on land restrictions such as special policy areas, holding provisions, and environmental limitations
- Obtaining development approvals
- Representing clients before Courts and tribunals such as the Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT) and the Niagara Escarpment Commission.
- Environmental Law
- Decommissioning of property
- Landfill site selection
- Spill clean up
- Environmental contamination on behalf of municipalities and landowners
- Expropriations Law
Contact us at 416-868-3100 or 1-888-223-0448. Alternatively, you can fill out our online consultation request form.