On October 23, 2020 Thomson Rogers’ personal injury lawyers Stephen Birman and Ava Williams presented on “COVID-19 and Aviva Business Interruption Insurance” at the OTLA 2020 Fall Conference LIVE Virtual: The Case Goes On.
The presentation focused on the following key topics:
- What is Business Interruption Insurance
- Claims for Physical Loss and COVID-19
- Extended Policy Wordings
- U.K. Test Case – The Financial Conduct Authority v. Arch and Others
- Nordik v. Aviva Insurance Company
- Negative Publicity Coverage
- Restricted Access Coverage
View the full paper HERE.
View the Powerpoint presentation HERE..
Stephen Birman is a personal injury lawyer at Thomson Rogers. His practice focuses on helping victims of car accidents, slip and falls and sexual abuse advance personal injury claims as well as class actions. Stephen can be reached at at 416-868-3137 or by EMAIL.
Ava N. Williams is a personal injury lawyer and associate at Thomson Rogers. Her practice is devoted to representing Plaintiffs in personal injury litigation and she is committed to advocacy both in and out of the courtroom. Ava can be reached at 416-868-3130 or by EMAIL.