Al’s practice focuses on municipal law, environmental approvals, land use planning and expropriation. Al appears before municipal councils, tribunals (such as the Ontario Land Tribunal, Environmental Review Tribunal, the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) and the Board of Negotiation) and Courts on behalf of municipalities, corporations and private individuals on a variety of matters including expropriation, land development issues, contaminated lands, telecommunications, municipal-by-laws and aggregate resources.
Al spent a year at the City of Hamilton as one of their environmental counsel.
- Bachelor of Arts in Urban Geography, McGill University (1996)
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School (2000)
- Masters in Environmental Studies, York University (2000)
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Ontario Bar Association – Municipal and Environmental Sections
- The Advocates’ Society
- Ontario Expropriation Association
- Editor of the Ontario Municipal Board Reports
- Canadian Association of Black Lawyers