Alan has been the managing partner of Thomson, Rogers since 1998.
Alan was called to the bar in 1981 and has been Certified by the LSUC as a Specialist in Civil Litigation for many years. His practice focuses primarily on complex litigation and class actions. He has over 35 years of experience as a trial lawyer in Ontario and strives to use the skills developed over that time to resolve matters for clients quickly and economically.
Alan has argued cases in all levels of Court in Canada, including the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
In addition, Alan is the managing lawyer of the Personal Injury Alliance (PIA Law) – a combination of three of Canada’s top personal injury law firms who have formed an alliance centered around one common goal: to provide unparalleled legal representation to accident victims and their families.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Ontario Faculty of Law (1979)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Certified Specialist (Civil Litigation)
- American Association for Justice
- Listed in Best Lawyers International
- The Advocates’ Society
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice (Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Past Executive Director of The Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Ontario
Alan and his wife Jennifer are the proud parents of three adult children and have lived in Oakville, Ontario for over 30 years. When not managing the firm or practicing law, Alan and Jennifer enjoy playing golf and travelling.
*Alan A. Farrer Law Professional Corporation