Carr conducts a trial advocacy practice in the field of civil litigation. Carr has successfully represented his clients at trial before the Superior Court of Justice and the Financial Services Commission of Ontario. Carr’s practice is dedicated to helping victims and their families achieve the best possible results when they have suffered serious personal injuries.
Carr’s practice focuses on helping victims of personal injuries and fatalities, historic sexual assaults, product liability, occupier liability, facility negligence, medical malpractice, motor vehicle cases, professional negligence, and class actions.
- Won at trial on all issues representing a 6-year-old boy and his family in a medical malpractice case in Peterborough, where the Plaintiff suffered facial paralysis after undergoing an inner ear procedure (co-counsel with Aleks Mladenovic). See Shearer v. Sewchand Judgment
- Lead counsel successfully representing a Toronto Police Officer who suffered from neurological injuries while working on a pay duty.
- Lead counsel before a jury at a coroner’s inquest, in Hamilton, representing the family of a man shot and killed by police.
- Working with Leonard H. Kunka, represented a man injured in the United States who suffered traumatic brain injuries in a motor vehicle accident. The case settled for a combined tort and accident benefits settlement of over $10,000,000.00 shortly before trial. At the court approval Application in Newmarket, Carr was complimented by Justice Mullins for the modest legal fees relative to the size of the case.
- Lead counsel successfully representing four victims of institutional sexual assault for incidents which took place in the 1970’s and 1980’s, when the victims were minors.
- In addition to countless Plaintiffs in Canada, Carr has successfully represented Ontario Plaintiffs injured in New York State, Michigan, Ohio, Georgia, Florida, and Mexico.
Carr graduated from law school at the University of Windsor. Carr joined Thomson, Rogers as an Articling Student and returned to the firm as an Associate. Prior to attending law school, Carr earned a B.A. in History from Queen’s University, while playing varsity soccer for the Queen’s Golden Gaels. Carr has also worked for the City of Mississauga and volunteered with the Doug Philpott Inner-City Children’s Tennis Foundation, a charity in Toronto.
During law school, Carr served on the committee for Windsor’s inaugural L.E.A.P. program and played varsity soccer for the Windsor Lancers. Carr worked for a criminal defence practitioner during his second summer of law school, gaining direct experience inside the courtroom.
In his spare time, Carr enjoys playing tennis, hockey, soccer, and golf.
- Juris Doctor, University of Windsor, Faculty of Law (2010)
- Bachelor of Arts – History, Queen’s University (2002)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- The Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- The Ontario Bar Association (OBA)
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA)
- The Advocates’ Society
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Brain Injury Association of Peel & Halton – Board of Directors
Additional Practice Areas
- Brain Injury Cases
- Spinal Cord Injury Cases
- Paraplegic, Quadriplegic, and Paralysis Cases
- Car Accident and Motor Vehicle Accident Liability
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Burn and Scar Injury Cases
- Wrongful Death
- Bar and Tavern Liability
- Defective Product/Products
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Facility Negligence
- Assault Cases
- Boating Accident Cases
- Negligent Investigation
- Public Transit Personal Injury Cases
- Sports Injury Cases