David MacDonald has been practising personal injury litigation and helping pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists and car accident victims who have suffered catastrophic brain, spinal, amputation and other severe orthopedic, psychiatric or neurologic injuries for over twenty-five years. He is Certified as a Specialist in Civil Litigation by the Law Society of Ontario, recognised by Lexpert® as consistently recommended for Personal Injury Litigation by Ontario’s personal injury lawyers, and acknowledged as a Best Lawyer in Civil Litigation practice by The Best LawyersTM in Canada.
David practices all over Ontario and represents clients in the following locations: Toronto, Mississauga, Niagara, Hamilton, London, Sault Ste. Marie, Windsor, Goderich, Owen Sound, Muskoka, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, Ottawa, Parry Sound, Kingston, Peterborough, Aurora and Oshawa, among other municipalities. He also represents Canadians who have been injured in Texas, Florida and the Carolinas.
David has advocated to the government on behalf of car accident victims, pedestrians and cyclists for fair laws for accident benefits and compensation. He has worked as a board member of Peel, Halton, Toronto and Hamilton Brain Injury Associations. In 2003, the Minister of Finance chose David from all personal injury lawyers in the province and appointed him a member of Executive Committee to the Superintendent of Insurance for Ontario’s Auto Reforms Implementation Committee.
David publishes and lectures to lawyers, adjusters and health care practitioners on Catastrophic Injury Determination quarterly. Annually, he is Guest Lecturer on Litigation Experts at The University of Western Ontario Faculty of Law.
David has conducted and won several arbitrations and many personal injury trials arising from car accidents and Municipal Liability.
David provides, without expense, by telephone and in-person initial consultations at hospital or home and is available by cell at 647-290-7291.
Client Video Testimonials
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Western Ontario (1986)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Ontario Faculty of Law (1989)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Certified Specialist (Civil Litigation)
- LEXPERT Ranked Lawyer
- Listed in The Best LawyersTM in Canada since 2017
- The Advocates’ Society
- The Insurance Executive Section of The Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- The Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association
- Founding and Executive member of the Toronto Brain Injury Awareness Month Organizing Committee
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Hamilton Regional Brain Injury Program and the Peel Halton Brain Injury Association
- Served as Executive of the Insurance Section of the Canadian Bar Association-Ontario
- Served as Executive of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
*David MacDonald Law Professional Corporation