David MacDonald is a trial lawyer who conducted Toronto’s first personal injury paperless iPad trial. David has been going to trial and settling catastrophic plaintiff personal injury cases and helping car, pedestrian, ATV, motorcycle and boating accident victims who have suffered catastrophic injuries for more than twenty-five years. He has been source lawyer and co-counsel on matters which have settled for over $11,000,000 and lead counsel on matters which have settled for over $8,000,000. Most of his clients have suffered severe brain injuries, spinal cord injuries or amputations arising from trauma. David represents clients from all across Ontario, including Thunder Bay, Ottawa, Windsor, Kingston, Sault Ste Marie, Barrie, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Oshawa, Huntsville, Toronto and his hometown of Mississauga, where he, his wife Margaret and their four boys live. David’s goal is to help his clients develop meaningful lives after tragedy strikes by helping them in the recovery process with excellent, inspiring rehabilitation professionals and to protect them for all their future financial needs. Matt Boiteau’s success story is linked here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=PWKgxRg9Gm4
David is Certified as a Specialist in Civil Litigation by the Law Society of Ontario, recognized in The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory as consistently recommended for Personal Injury Litigation by Ontario’s personal injury lawyers, and acknowledged in The Best Lawyers™ in Canada and by Martindale-Hubbell® as an expert in Personal Injury Litigation.
For over twenty years David has advocated to the government on behalf of pedestrian, motorcycle and car accident victims for fair laws. He has led as a board member of Peel Halton, Toronto and Hamilton Brain Injury Associations. In 2003, the Ontario government selected David from all personal injury lawyers in the province and appointed him to the Superintendent’s Executive Committee to implement Ontario’s Auto Reforms.
David publishes and lectures to lawyers, adjusters and health care professionals on Catastrophic Injury Determination across the province. He has Guest Lectured on Litigation Experts at The University of Western Ontario and University of Ottawa Faculties of Law.
David has conducted and won many personal injury trials and arbitrations arising from pedestrian, motorcycle and car accidents. He has won trials against municipalities for improper signage and improper road maintenance in snow and ice cases including one for his client, Donald Greer whose testimonial is linked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=AWRT85GZFiw
David provides free initial in-person consultations at hospital or home and is available by cell at 647-290-7291.
Client Video Testimonials
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Western Ontario (1986)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Ontario Faculty of Law (1989)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Certified Specialist (Civil Litigation)
- LEXPERT® Ranked Lawyer
- Listed in The Best LawyersTM in Canada since 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell® Ranked Lawyer
- The Advocates’ Society
- The Insurance Executive Section of The Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- The Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association
- Founding and Executive member of the Toronto Brain Injury Awareness Month Organizing Committee
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Hamilton Regional Brain Injury Program and the Peel Halton Brain Injury Association
- Served as Executive of the Insurance Section of the Canadian Bar Association-Ontario
- Served as Executive of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
*David MacDonald Law Professional Corporation