David represents accident victims and disabled persons in personal injury, medical malpractice, and disability insurance litigation.
David has appeared on behalf of clients at all levels of court, including the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada where he was successful on behalf of Appellants/Plaintiffs on two different occasions (Sarvanis v. Canada  1 S.C.R. 921 and Isen v. Simms  2 S.C.R. 349).
David has lectured at educational programs organized by the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Institute, the Brain Injury Associations of Niagara, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Peterborough, Belleville and Ottawa, Mothers Against Drunk Drivers and other medical, rehabilitation and insurance industry groups.
David has the honour of having been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Canada® 2017 in the field of personal injury litigation (Copyright 2009 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.). David has also had the honour of having been selected by his peers to be published in the Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2016 as a leading practitioner in the field of Personal Injury Litigation. David has also been recognized by the Brain Injury Association of Niagara for his outstanding support for the Association and for those they serve.
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Disability Insurance Litigation
- Bachelor of Arts, Trinity College at the University of Toronto (1981)
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School (1986)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- 2016 Lexpert Ranked Lawyer
- 2017 Listed in Best Lawyers Canada
- 2016 Martindale-Hubbell Ranked Lawyer
- The Advocates’ Society
- The Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- The Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers’ Association
- The Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- Past Director of the Brain Injury Association of Toronto
*David Tenszen Law Professional Corporation