Ian has practiced exclusively in the area of personal injury and insurance-related matters since his call to the bar. He primarily dedicates his practice to children and adult victims injured in motor vehicle accidents, including motorcycle accidents, pedestrian-car accidents, ATV accidents, and snowmobile accidents. He represents accident victims and their families throughout Ontario. Ian strives to ensure that injury victims for whom he acts have access to attendant care and rehabilitative services that are appropriate and timely.
Although Ian often represents motor vehicle accident victims and their families, he has experience in a wide variety of personal injury actions. He has represented victims who have sustained an injury as a result of exposure to toxic chemicals, incidents involving taverns and claims arising out of a failure to properly supervise children.
Ian is recognized as an expert in personal injury litigation in The Best Lawyers™ in Canada publication,and has earned the highest peer rating of AV Preeminent® in Martindale-Hubbell® for his legal expertise, communication skills, and ethical standards.
CLIENT VIDEO TESTIMONIAL
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Western Ontario (1999)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Ontario Faculty of Law (2002)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Listed in The Best Lawyers™ in Canada 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell® Ranked Lawyer, AV Preeminent®
- The Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Past Member of the Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Ontario Brain Injury Association
- Brain Injury Society of Toronto
- Member of FAIR (Fair Association of Victims for Accident Insurance Reform)
Ian’s time spent away from the office is best enjoyed with his wife, daughter and extended family. He is also an avid hockey fan and can be found playing hockey with his friends on a weekly basis.