Michael L. Bennett was admitted to the Law Society of Ontario in 2000. Since that time, he has worked exclusively in the field of Personal Injury Law. In his first two years of practice, Michael represented several insurance companies and the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee. Michael has now restricted his practice to the representation of injured persons and their families.
Michael has appeared before the Ontario Court of Appeal, Superior Court of Justice of Ontario, Financial Services Commission of Ontario, the Licencing Appeals Tribunal and other regulatory bodies on subjects concerning insurance coverage, benefit entitlements, the rights and responsibilities of insurers and, of course, Catastrophic Impairment issues.
Michael is a caring yet fearless advocate on behalf of his clients. He is willing to go the extra mile to see clients receive the treatment they require and deserve with a special interest in complicated orthopaedic injuries, brain injuries and spinal cord injuries.
Michael Bennett has worked at Thomson Rogers since 2002 and has been a partner there since 2008 where he continues to practice.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of McGill (1995)
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School (1998)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Listed in The Best Lawyers™
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association
- Ontario Brain Injury Association
- Board member with the Brain Injury Association of Peel and Halton
- Member of FAIR (Fair Association of Victims for Accident Insurance Reform)